IMM robot is used for injection molding machine to take out the products and sprue. There are two kinds, one is basic linear robot arm, another one is intelligent one. The basic linear robot arm include the fixed mode and teach mode. Fixed mode procedure covers several standard processes for injection molding production, using industrial controllers to do simple, regular and repetitive actions. The teaching mode program is specially suitable for the production of the special process of injection molding machine, through the orderly and safe arrangement of the basic action to achieve the purpose of successful acquisition.
While the intelligent robot generally includes multi-point memory placement, any point standby, more freedom, generally using servo drive, can maximize the imitation perform more complex operation, can also be equipped with advanced sensors, let its visual, tactile and thermal function, make it a highly intelligent injection plastic robot.
The IMM robot is the latest generation of robot systems for production upgrades. It can work faster and more flexibly than its predecessors. This is the robot for injection molding machine that is able to reduce cycle time due to its advanced components. It is available in 3-axis and 5-axis robots that support machines for up to 1200 tons especially for taking molded parts out in the mold.
IMM robots are a solution for grinding, finishing, deburring and linishing processes which requires a force to control and maintain the right grinding and polishing pressures.
The IMM robots offer a lot of advantages including:
- Have a high rigid aluminum structures
- Coordinating linear bearing and high rigid bearing guide rail
- Good wear resistance structures
- No distortions
- Small vibrations
- Offers long service life
- Provide high performance and stability
- Can reduce electronic faults and more.
IMM robots can do burnishing, brushing, etc to make various types of materials such as:
- Trim parts
- Automotive components
- Watch cases
- Engine parts
- Aircraft engine inlet cowls
- Fittings and many more.
The IMM robots have two different versions such as:
- Tool Guided Processing. In this process, the robot can be fitted with the polishing, unit grinding, unit for the belt, scorching, and satin finishing. It provides quick-change coupling for the past changing of a processing unit and a replacement magazine for the intake of the processing unit.
- Work Piece Guided Processing. This is the process where the robots guide the workpiece into the processing stations including polishing, grinding, and scotch stations. Aside from that, the number of processing stations will depend on the required processing steps.